Monday, August 20, 2012

Coffee,Cookies And A Book


I have found the perfect pad. I am almost settled. There is the rush to fill the fridge with vegetables and cupboards with fresh spices. There is a passion for fresh smelling linen. I did find couple of Indian stores for my masala and dal. I will not call a city mine until I can make fresh Avial* and puttu-kadala. I am yet to get my hands on shredded coconut. My malayali-genes and their stubborn predilection to coconut based curries - the saga continues!


There is a missing internet connection and I hope to have that fixed by this week.

In a week or two, I will be back searching for a job here so that I can do guilt-free shopping.

There are cartons yet to be opened and stuff that beckon my attention. But I surrender to the charms of hot cuppa coffee, yummy cookies and as always a good book.

P: S: In Search of Sita : A lovely book I have read and re-read so many times.
P: P: S: These thumb drive internet connections drive me nuts. I am sorry I did not reply to the comment. It was rude.


*Avial: What? You don't now what Avial is? Hang your head down in shame! Now! Do some reading here.




9 comments:

  1. PUTTU KADALAAA...Thats all I read :P
    My tummy growls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!! people who write about mouthwatering kerala dishes should be put behind bars, the bail for which will be a sadya!!

      Delete
    2. All right Ladies..I plead guilty...:D :D

      Delete
  2. I want avial NOW!!! thou mean, mean woman!! :-) .... btw... i was so looking forward to a lot of critical commenting on my post http://www.lafemmenirvana.blogspot.in/2012/08/love-and-marriage-chicken-and-egg.html ....... didn't see you there. Come over right now, and comment WOMAN!! (hehehe.... talk about desparation!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe..I am mean alright,you have penned down some great pointers about arranged marriage v/s love marriage debate.

      Delete
  3. Trust you to leave all necessary chores and lounge with a book! But it does look yummy :) Hope you find that nice job and are able to do loads of shopping too. Sent you the long pending mail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chithi...I really do hope that something works out...

      Delete
  4. nice to know that you are well settled.nice pic.

    ReplyDelete