Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Burn Those Candles....





I am a hoarder. I hoard all things nice (and expendable). When I was young, I used to save chocolates in small boxes until there were only small sticky pieces clinging onto the wrappers (Oh! Those days when a big five star came for Rs 2). There are skirts I saved and outgrew them. Like those skirts, I outgrew; there is a long list of things I saved for better occasions and never got around using. They all sat in the cupboards gathering dust or crumbling to dust.

One quiet evening I realized there is no better day than today. I quit hoarding that very second. I walked to the cupboard, took out my scented candles, and lit them. I felt the warm glow and inhaled the sweet vanilla smell. I do not know how heaven smells but I have a gut feel it smells of vanilla.

So if you are a hoarder like I used to be, let go. Burn those candles…


P: S: To people who celebrate V-day; Happy Valentine’s Day. Rest of us can take a swig of wine and watch Tom and Jerry.

17 comments:

  1. Simple post delivers a great message! And that holds good in real life...Good that u let go of hoarding things... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it hoarding or your inability to let go?

    Pisces are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know exactly.I like to "save" for a better day..
      By the old zodiac I am an Aries,true emotionally charges ram.By the new one I think I am a Pisces.:D

      Delete
  3. ha ha..yes - T&J it is...for me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Tom and Jerry show is awesome and they make an adorable pair..

      Delete
  4. Looooooove T&J .... can watch them any time! And 'Carpe Diem' dudette ... way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a thrower...whtever I cant use, I throw :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Girl!I need to learn it from you.But probability asks me not to.The chances that I throw something today and I find a need for it tomorrow is extremely high...

      Delete
  6. Such an important message - Let Go. Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Vyankatesh...We all need to learn that sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This so reminded me of myself..couldn't bring myself to burn the candles I keep buying..& like you I finally did one day :) Thanks for this enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehhehe..now I burn candles whenever I feel like it..Oh well,I stopped buying those fancy shaped candles.I stick to tea light candles now...

      Delete
    2. -Good piece of information.

      Delete