Saturday, October 9, 2010

Where the rain is born...

I yearn to see the palm fronds swing...
I yearn to listen to the fury of monsoon..
I yearn to quench my burning sky and earth..
I yearn all long to lie in the nest of rain...

..To Where the rain is born...

I'm in love.I've been in love for as long as I can remember.I'm in love with Zeus.The God of Rains...
I love his fury...I love his caring touch...I love the way he hides my tears from the world...
I love the way he is around me,folding me in his arms on difficult nights...Hushing me to sleep...
I watched him play around..From home,classes,college and work...I know he hates the  way I pull out the umbrella..We have a fight over it..He tries to pull it away,I tug it closer to me..Well somedays he is naughty..He sweeps around my body leaving me wet to the core...He breezes around me..And just before he quits on the rendevous,he slides a wet finger through my tresses,,Occasionaly he whistles and kisses my moist neck...
But the most vibrant memory of him is of the day I lost everything...I stood outside my home not knowing what to do or whom to go to...Everyone was busy,too busy to notice the plump ugly teenager with a puffed face..I was hardly noticed by anyone anyways..He noticed me..He came down that day...His  fury was unpredictable...It felt like he had joined arms with me in my battle...From that day everytime he has been there...Whenever I cried bitter tears..He  comes by window to be with me...To make me smile...
And that is how I fell in love with my Zeus...

4 comments:

  1. Its a pleasant feeling when we know someone looks after us..and what lovely would it be other than nature our best companion in loneliness and in ecstasy too

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'little voice' echoes the feeling of finding solace in nature; we connect to nature instantly in happiness and sorrow as well. Nice write :-)

    (my friend 'beyond horizon' send me a link to your blog :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beyond Horizon:Rain is a wonderful companion.
    @Manshaa:Good to know you liked it.

    Thanks to both of you.

    ReplyDelete